Revocable Living Trust
A revocable living trust allows you to designate a trustee who can assist you in holding and managing your assets. You remain in full control of your assets and can change or revoke the living trust at any time. There are several advantages with a revocable living trust:
- Your estate avoids probate at death.
- The courts are prevented from controlling your estate should you become disabled.
- Your assets are distributed more quickly to your beneficiaries.
- You can specify the age at which your beneficiaries inherit. Further, the courts are prevented from controlling finances when minor children inherit.
- You can protect dependents with special needs.
- Federal estate taxes may be reduced or even eliminated.
- A revocable living trust is difficult to contest.
Other Types of Trusts
Administration of other types of trusts such as irrevocable trusts, trusts under wills, and charitable trusts is also available.